August 31, 2017
Starting at 7pm, run (or walk) 3.17 miles through the beautifully hip Carmel Arts & Design District. Then, for those 21 and older, grab your 2 complimentary craft beers of different styles from Thr3e Wise Men and hang out at the hip Post-Race Party. The bash will feature live music by nationally touring DJ Sinclair Wheeler. And let’s not forget about that FREE 6-inch Sub from Penn Station. Whet your whistle with a stop at the Vino Mobile Bar. Join us as we celebrate the unique people, businesses, and charities of Carmel and the (317)!
Interested In Fundraising?
Log into your Race Roster account (or create a new account) and create a fundraising page & goal (located at the bottom of your dashboard). Then, share your fundraising page with your friends, family and on social media so that they can support your goal and donate to the cause!
Voted 3rd best place to live in America, Carmel is home to the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Enjoy this vibrant oasis of fun and inspiration, home to interior designers, art galleries, showrooms, restaurants, antique stores and a variety of specialty retail shops.
Did you know?
- Carmel has the most Roundabouts in the United States with 101 and growing!
- Carmel High School Women’s swim team has won 31 state titles
- Carmel is home to the first ever automatic stop-and-go traffic light
- Voted CNN Money’s Best Place to live in 2012
- 5th most populous city in Indiana
- The Monon trail connects Carmel to downtown Indianapolis
- Carmel Arts District is home to award winning Carmel Clay public library
- The Museum of Miniature Houses is located in the heart of Carmel Arts District
- The Palladium boasts 3 world-class performing venues to host all sorts of world class talent
The 3.17 mile course will start and finish on
One water station will be located approximately half way through the course as well as the Start and Finish Line. Mile markers and clocks will be displayed at each mile.
Carmel Arts & Design District Race Swag:
Participants will receive two FREE draft beers of different styles (if 21 or older) from Thr3e Wisemen, a unique Carmel Arts & Design District commemorative medal that doubles as a bottle opener, a FREE 6-inch Sub coupon from Penn Station AND a RUN(317) bumper sticker!
Race Time & Location
Official Start Time: 7pm EDT
Start Line Location: Carmel Arts & Design District
Address: 110 W. Main St., Carmel, IN 46032
When: Thursday, August 31st
Time: 5:30 PM – 6:45 PM EDT
Where: Carmel Arts & Design District
Mission and Vision
Kids’ Voice is a prevention organization that deters abused, neglected, and endangered children from experiencing or re-experiencing abuse and/or neglect.Kids’ Voice of Indiana protects endangered children by providing legal education, child advocacy and family visitation through three programs:
1. Derelle Watson-Duvall Children’s Law Center of Indiana – maintains an educational website with articles, videos, case law, and other information relating to children’s law in Indiana. An electronic format of the CHINS Deskbook (go-to guide for all things CHINS and family law in Indiana) can be found on our website as well. The Law Center also takes phone calls from judges, attorneys and the general public with questions on navigating children’s law issues.
2. Bette J. Dick Guardian ad Litem (GAL) for Kids Program – represents the best interest of abused, neglected and endangered children in custody and guardianship cases in Marion County, using trained volunteers and staff attorneys. Typically, the Court needs a 3rd party unbiased view into the child’s situation before deciding if a parent or other person should have custody or parenting time with a child. We try to ensure that a child is placed in a safe and stable environment.
3. Jenny Miller Safe Child Parenting Time Program – provides a neutral and safe place for a child to visit a non-custodial parent
Eat Local! Featuring Delicious Neighborhood Fare!
Stop favorite’s Scotty’s Brewhouse, located adjacent to the finish line on Main Street. With items like wraps, salads, to one of a kind burgers there is something that everyone will love. Penn Station is also close by on Rangeline Road to pick up your free delicious sandwich. Fun Fact: There are over 40 restaurants to dine at in Carmel. Enjoy dinner of varying cuisines throughout the Carmel Arts & Design District. Also be sure to make a sip stop at the Vino Mobile Bar.
2 FREE craft beers to all participants (21 +) from Thr3e Wise Men!
The (317) is a hot-spot for some of the best beer in the nation. Thanks to Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co., each participant (21 +) will be getting 2 FREE craft beers of different styles at the Post-race Party!
Q. When is the Carmel Art & Design District registration deadline?
A. Online registration for RUN(317) will close on Tuesday, August 29th at 11:59 PM EDT. Packet Pick-Up & Race Day registration will be available. Those who register on race day are not guaranteed a shirt.
Now through August 3rd: $37.25
August 11th through August 29th: $43
Packet Pick-Up & Race Day: $50
A. The walk/run will start at 7:00 PM EDT on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
A. RUN(317) Series locations:
5/18 – The Circle, 1 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204
6/15 – Broad Ripple, 902 E Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46220
7/20 – Mass Ave, 911 Massachusetts Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202
8/31 – Carmel Arts & Design District, Carmel, IN 46032
10/12 – Fountain Square, 1029 Fletcher Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46203
A. Results will be available via social media and the website after the race.
Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female will be awarded race day. There are no age group awards.
A.When: Wednesday, August 30th
Time: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
Where: Broad Ripple Runners Forum
903 E. Westfield Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
When: Thursday, August 31st
Time: 5:30PM – 6:45PM EDT
Where: Carmel Arts & Design District
A. One water station will be located approximately half way through the course as well as the Start and Finish Line.
A. Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female prizes will be awarded. There are no age group awards.
Q. Is there an age limit?
A. No! Bring the whole family.
A. Dogs are not allowed on the course for safety reasons. Strollers are permitted but must start behind all other runners and walkers for safety reasons.
A. Yes! There is a 16 minute/mile minimum pace on the course.
A. Each participant must have his/her own registration. In the event of an emergency, race officials must have emergency contact information on hand, therefore, you are NOT allowed to participate using someone else’s registration. There are NO exceptions to this policy.
A. There are no refunds or transfers for RUN(317).
A. RUN(317) benefits Kids’ Voice of Indiana